The University System of Georgia (USG) invites all vendors to come to the 11th USG Procurement Expo — this year hosted by Armstrong State University in Savannah, Georgia.
At USG Procurement Expo 2017 you will explore business opportunities with the University System of Georgia. Network with federal, state, and local agencies and prime construction management firms.
The luncheon program will highlight business opportunities with Georgia’s ports, Chatham County, Savannah-Chatham County Public School System, and the City of Savannah.
Other features of this year’s event:
- Includes sessions on navigating the procurement process of the University System of Georgia. Meet buyers and contracting officers from the public colleges and universities of the State of Georgia.
- Network with representatives from the Georgia Department of Administrative Services, Georgia Department of Transportation, federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Meet prime construction management firms currently working with the University System of Georgia.
SCHEDULE – Tuesday, October 24, 2017
10:00AM Morning Session
Navigating the University System of Georgia procurement process in the areas of construction projects, facilities management, and general procurement
- Moderator: Ms. Daphne Burch, USG Procurement Expo 2017 Co-chair and Procurement Director, Armstrong State University
- Moderator: Ms. Katie Twining, Associate Vice President fo Facilities, Georgia Southern University
12:15PM Luncheon Program
This year we will explore business opportunities with the Savannah ports and shipping industry.
- Moderator: Mr. Vince “The Voice” Bailey, Vince Bailey Productions
- Mr. Bart Gobeil, Senior Director of Economic Development and Government Affairs, Georgia Ports Authority
- Ms. Peggy Joyner, CPPO, Purchasing Director, Chatham County Purchasing & Contracting
- Ms. MarRonde Lumpkin-Lotson, SEC Administrator, Savannah Entrepreneurial Center
- Ms. Sabrina Scales, Director of Finance and Business, Savannah-Chatham County Public School System
2:00PM Exhibits Open
Visit with procurement officials from the University System of Georgia, federal, state, and local agencies, and prime construction management firms.
Armstrong State University
13040 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
When registering, please mention that you are attending an event at Armstrong State University and would like the Armstrong rate.
Fairfield Inn I-95 South, 17027 Abercorn Street, Savannah 31419 – Call 912-925-5050 for the Armstrong Rate: $91
Springhill Suites by Marriott, 11317 Abercorn Street, Savannah – Call 912-920-3784 for the Armstrong Rate: $96
TownPlace Suites by Marriott, 11309 Abercorn Street, Savannah – Call 912-920-9080 for the Armstrong Rate: $84
Due to pre-registration costs and guarantees, refunds or credits are not extended for this event. However, registrations are transferable. On the day of the event, the substitute attendee must present a copy of the registration receipt or email verification to be admitted to the event.
By registering for this event, I grant to the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with the USG Procurement Expo. I authorize the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia to use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose including, for example, such purposes as publicity and web content.