Georgia Tech Professional Education is hosting a panel discussion on the topic of “Succession Planning for the Modern Workforce” on the Savannah campus on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018.
The session will be moderated by Suzanne Kirk, president of Employee Development Strategies, Inc. The panel will feature Al Kennickell, president of The Kennickell Group; Karin Condame, human resource director at The Landing Association; and Jim Collins of Thomas & Hutton.
The panel will detail the key aspects of developing a modern succession plan for today’s workforce. It will encompass elements of human resources, fostering company culture, assessing current talent pool, workforce trends, and functioning in multi-generational gaps.
From identifying and developing new leaders to hiring to fit a company’s core values, you will gain the knowledge you need to adapt to the impending future wave of leaders.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for HR professionals, small business owners, corporate managers, non-profit executives, and business consultants.
What You Will Learn
- How to prioritize human-capital and workforce planning
- How to maintain continuity of ongoing processes
- Current corporate culture assessment
- How to prepare for new leadership
How You Will Benefit
- Learn to identify existing talent and tools to develop them for leadership positions.
- Compare HR practices to see where you can improve.
- Establish the first steps of transitioning through your succession plan.
- Identify gaps in your current employee’s skills and how to supplement them.
This event will take place from 8:00 to 10:00 am on Sept. 27, 2018. Breakfast begins at 7:30 am. The cost is $15. To register, visit: https://pe.gatech.edu/courses/learning-series-succession-planning-for-modern-workforce