With yet another government shutdown looming, contractors face a number of uncertainties and challenges that warrant close attention — regardless of whether a shutdown takes place or how long it lasts.
Among other challenges, contractors may face:
- a lack of incremental funding;
- the inability to enter into new contracts or contract modifications;
- closed government facilities;
- furloughed government employees;
- delayed payments;
- increased indirect costs; and
- unexercised and deferred contract options.
Below we offer six suggestions to help address key areas impacted by a shutdown, including contract funding, internal and external communications, recordkeeping, and deadlines.
Keep reading this article at: https://governmentcontractsnavigator.com/2018/01/19/government-contractor-shutdown-advisory/