Does your company participate in federal contracts? Whether they’re the majority of your business or a relatively small share of your total project work, successfully enduring a shutdown in federal government activities requires preparation. This article explains how to do that.
- Meet with the project’s contracting officer in advance to determine its status in the event of a shutdown.
- Review the contract to determine what shutdown-related costs are billable.
- Collect as much information about the project as possible.
- Remedy any payment concerns in advance.
- Request a time extension on the contract.
- In the event of a shutdown, unless otherwise ordered, show up to the site and document being turned away or that the site was inaccessible.
- Prepare to increase capacity to the project once the shutdown ends.
Read the full article here: http://www.constructiondive.com/news/how-to-survive-a-government-shutdown/504122/