Numerous contracting opportunities are anticipated, including general construction services, architect-engineer services, construction management services, feasibility studies, art-in-architecture, and potentially other contracting categories. Various NAICS codes related to the design and construction industry will be assigned to these projects.
The Industry Day will be conducted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016, from 10 a.m to 3:00 p.m. at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Federal Building, 77 Forsyth St., Atlanta, GA 30303.
Pre-registration for the Industry Day is not required but highly encouraged. Those who pre-registrer with the required information will receive preference over those who do not. To pre-register for this event, please contact the GSA Region 4 Office of Small Business Utilization via email at email@example.com by May 18, 2016, 12:00 pm EST. Maximum attendance is 250 (2 representatives maximum per company). The following information is required to register:
- Company Name
- Representative(s) Name(s) (maximum 2 per company)
- Phone Number and Email Address
- Social Economic Status
Project Description and Geographic Locations
- New U.S. Courthouse, Nashville, TN – The GSA plans the design and construction of a new, 339,000 square foot U.S. Courthouse and underground parking spaces. A new U.S. Courthouse in Nashville will allow for relocation of the court and court related agencies from the existing facilities located in the Estes Kefauver Federal Building and Annex. The ECCA is estimated at $142 million.
- New Courthouse Annex / Charles R. Jonas Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse Renovation, Charlotte, NC – The GSA plans the design and construction of a new 198,000 square foot U.S. Courthouse Annex, inside parking spaces, and the repair and alteration of the Charles R. Jonas Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse in Charlotte, NC. The total ECCA is estimated at $141 million.
- New U.S. Courthouse, Greenville, SC – The GSA plans the design and construction of a new, 193,000 square foot U.S. Courthouse and inside parking spaces in Greenville, SC. The ECCA is estimated at $75 million.
- New U.S. Courthouse Annex and Tomochichi U.S. Courthouse Renovation, Savannah, GA – The GSA plans include for design and construction of a 46,000 square foot annex and inside parking spaces, and the repair and alteration of the existing Tomochichi U.S. Courthouse in Savannah, GA. The total ECCA is estimated at $89 million.
- New U.S. Courthouse, Anniston, AL – The GSA plan allocates $38,175,000 for site acquisition, and the design and construction of a new 63,000-square-foot U.S. Courthouse and inside parking spaces in Anniston, AL. This project received prior appropriations in FY 2004 totaling $4,400,000.
Purpose of Industry Day
The purpose of the Industry Day is to affirm GSA’s recognition of the talent that exists in the small business community and its commitment to opening a dialog between that community, GSA, and the potential federal vendors that will be selected for these projects. A vast majority of these above projects have not yet been procured. The Industry Day provides advanced notice of the need for these services and possibility for either prime contract or subcontracting opportunities pursuant to these federal courthouse projects.
During the afternoon of the Industry Day, prospective large and small prime and subcontracting vendors will be given an opportunity to network with each other and GSA to showcase their talents and abilities in support of the U.S. Court House capital program.
Questions about this Industry Day should be directed to GSA’s Region 4 Office of Small Business Utilization at firstname.lastname@example.org.