The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is holding its 2014 National Veterans Small Business Engagement (NVSBE) conference on December 9-11, 2014 in Atlanta.
The VA conference is designed to help small businesses — especially veteran owned and service-disabled veteran owned small businesses (VOSBs and SDVOSBs) — expand contacts and build partnerships to maximize opportunities in the Federal and commercial marketplace.
This event connects small businesses with government and commercial procurement decision makers (PDMs) interested in working with VOSBs. In addition, the VA is planning to expand the attendance of commercial customers looking for VOSBs, and match Federal requirements with VOSB capabilities.
Businesses attending this event can expect to:
- Engage with PDMs from Federal and commercial customers to build relationships to enhance your chances of winning procurement contracts.
- Learn about Federal and commercial opportunities specific to your industry at Business Requirement Sessions led by PDMs.
- Take part in Networking Roundtables to personally demonstrate and pitch your business capabilities to PDMs from Federal agencies and commercial customers.
- Network with other businesses to discover subcontracting and teaming opportunities.
- Attend learning sessions highlighting business-building topics such as:
- Competitive Strategies for Winning Federal Business
- Building Strong Corporate Relationships
- Marketing Your Small Business Capabilities
When registering for the event, attendees will be asked to answer the following two questions which will help conference organizers arrange for participation by the right contracting officers and program managers:
- Who are you most interested in meeting at NVSBE? (Please provide name, title, and organization.)
- What learning sessions would you like us to provide?
Registration begins September 1, 2014. For more information about NVSBE, visit www.nvsbe.com.
Feel free to email your feedback and questions to NVSBE@va.gov.