The 8(a) Business Development program is a part of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s efforts to promote equal business access for socially and economically disadvantaged individuals, including Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, subcontinent Asian Americans, and in in some cases women business owners.
Companies with an 8(a) Certification can benefit from the wide-range of services offered including government contracting set-asides, access to capital, management and technical assistance, and much more.
In order to benefit from the 8(a) program, a company must first qualify and be certified by the SBA. The SBA’s Georgia District Office is conducting a 3-hour workshop to explain the required qualifications and the certification program.
- When: Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Location: U.S. Small Business Administration, 233 Peachtree Street, Suite 1900, Peachtree Center – Harris Tower, Atlanta, GA, 30303 – Click here for Event Location Map
- Event Sponsors: SBA Georgia District Office and The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center
- Register at: http://events.sba.gov/eventmanagement/EventRegistration.aspx?id=1b4bdf30-c356-e311-9914-02bfa56e2a24
- Additional Registration Information: Pre-registration is required as seating is limited.