Analysis of the president’s budget request typically yields some interesting clues for anyone willing to go deep enough into the data to reveal them. The numbers reveal shifting agency priorities as well as hints to the sea changes that could affect the potential $608 billion in fiscal 2015 contract spending.
There are a number of areas that contractors should consider as they navigate the remainder of fiscal 2014 and plan for 2015:
1. Put on your game face for recompetes.
2. Keep an eye on the shelf life on IT funding.
3. Take advantage of 2014 to gain footing for 2015.
4. Expect more contractor scrutiny.
5. Follow the (Defense) money.
Keep reading this article at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/deltek-budget-request-yields-clues-for-contractors-to-follow/2014/05/09/e249e1a0-d479-11e3-95d3-3bcd77cd4e11_story.html