The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) is hosting webinars in April and May, 2014 to explain functions of the agency and its contracting processes.
On April 30, from 9:30 to 11:30 am EDT, the webinar will focus on the steps to “Doing Business with GSA” through contracting options, sustainability, and more, including:
- GSA’s procurement policies and methods
- Accessing government solicitations
- Marketing your products/services
- Pros and cons of the GSA Schedules program
- GSA’s Mentor-Protege program
- GSA’s sustainability objectives
On May 21, from 9:30 to 10:30 am EDT, the webinar will focus on GSA’s Public Buildings Service (PBS) which acquires space on behalf of the federal government through new construction and leasing, and acts as a caretaker for federal properties across the country. PBS owns or leases 9,624 assets, maintains an inventory of more than 370.2 million square feet of workspace for 1.1 million federal employees, and preserves more than 481 historic properties. Questions that will be answered in this webinar include:
- How does PBS purchase the services necessary to build and maintain buildings?
- What do Contracting Officers look for when evaluating proposals?
- How can you position your Small Business to become a PBS partner?
- What are some upcoming projects planned by PBS?
Register for the April 30 webinar here: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/796335175
Register for the May 21 webinar here: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/809441879