Seminars on government contracting topics are being scheduled at locations throughout the state of Georgia in 2014. These training seminars are free of charge and are sponsored by the Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC).
The complete list of GTPAC seminars can be found at: http://gtpac.ecenterdirect.com/Conferences.action
Below are highlights of upcoming topics to be covered:
- Need a solid introduction — or a refresher — to government contract fundamentals? Then plan to attend our 3-hour “Introduction to Government Contracting.” This is GTPAC’s most popular training class — and most frequently offered! You’ll receive an update on all the basics, plus learn how to sign-up for GTPAC’s free services. In addition, GTPAC offers a 1-hour orientation on this same topic called “Fundamentals of Working with the Government.”
- Unsure if you are properly registered in the federal government’s vendor database? Our webinar entitled “Fundamentals of Navigating SAM and Working with the Government” is the event for you. You’ll learn all about the System for Award Management (SAM) and how it’s used to identify prospective contractors.
- Want to learn about preferences given to women and other groups such as veterans in federal contracting? Consider attending our seminars such as “Women-Owned Small Business Programs” and “Small Business Certification Programs.” Both of these workshops provide solid orientations to all the federal contracting preference programs, including how to qualify.
- Don’t know how to find or approach small business specialists? “Working with Small Business Specialists” is the class for you. We explain the role Small Business Specialists play within government agencies, how to find them, how to present your credentials, and what to expect.
- Interested in contracting opportunities at the state and local government levels? Then “Marketing to State and Local Governments” is the workshop you should attend. You’ll learn about how to find contracting jobs right in your neighborhood, how to get registered as a vendor, and how to pursue local government contract work.
- Curious about what resources are available to you on the Internet? Our workshop entitled “Using Your Computer to Win Government Contracts” will teach you all about the free resources and information available on the web that will help you identify government contracting opportunities, conduct market research about upcoming government buying needs, submit bids on-line, communicate with governments, and get paid.
- Need help preparing a bid or proposal? GTPAC offers multiple workshops on “Preparing a Successful Bid or Proposal” where we cover downloading a solicitation, initial preparation steps, analyzing the evaluation criteria, building a bid or proposal, following submittal instructions, and obtaining a debriefing.
- Trying to figure-out whether a GSA Schedule is right for you? Our “Understanding the GSA Schedule Process” is your ticket to learning whether there is a GSA Schedule that matches your business and, if so, the fundamentals of how to submit a proposal.
- What about all the other things you need to know? GTPAC has regularly scheduled seminars on topics like: “Selling to the Military,” “Wide Area Work Flow,” “How to Create a Great Elevator Speech,” “What is a Capabilities Statement and Why You Should Have One,” and much more.
Be sure to visit http://gtpac.ecenterdirect.com/Conferences.action today for a complete list of classes, locations, dates and other details.