At the beginning of each federal fiscal year, Deltek, Inc. identifies and assesses the top federal contract opportunities for the coming year as well as the top contracts slated to be set-aside for small businesses. Deltek is an enterprise software and information solutions provider for professional services firms, government contractors, and government agencies.
Deltek’s latest analysis reveals 20 high profile procurements with the following characteristics:
- Defense Department contracts account for 73% of the total dollar value of the top 20 contracts.
- New opportunities (six new programs) account for 19% of total contract value.
- Professional Services contracts make-up $73.2 billion in contract value, but IT opportunities are larger, on average.
In addition, Deltek’s FY14 Top 10 Set-Aside Opportunities list exceeds $6.9 billion in total ceiling value available as prime contracting opportunities for small businesses. Findings include:
- Defense opportunities dominate the set-aside list with 71% of the total contract value, with Navy contract value the highest at $3.5 billion.
- Contracts for professional services are the focus of almost half of the top FY 2014 set-asides, followed by IT, architecture, engineering and construction.
Download the complete reports by clicking on the following links:
Also, see this related report from the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/deltek-new-small-business-contracts-expected-in-early-2014/2013/10/18/5e7986b4-3285-11e3-9c68-1cf643210300_story.html