The Georgia Mentor Protégé Connection (MPC) is a program that offers small businesses access to information and large corporations that can propel them to greater levels of productivity. In order to insure the integrity of the program and facilitate meaningful partnerships that are mutually beneficial, protégé firms are carefully selected for admission into the program.
MPC just announced an extension of the deadline for applications into the 2012-13 program. The new deadline is Monday, April 9, 2012.
Acceptance into the Georgia Mentor Protégé Connection requires the completion of a comprehensive application process. MPC’s screening maximizes the effectiveness of every mentor-protégé relationship by insuring a good match. All protégé candidates firms must meet stringent application criteria.Application factors that are evaluated include: industry, location, maturity, experience and compatibility.
You can apply as a protégé if you:
* Are a small business and are registered with the Secretary of State.
* Are a Georgia-based business owner, in business for at least three years.
* Are prepared to supply financials for the most recent three years, and other relevant documentation.
* Have a minimum of three full-time, non-contract employees.
* Are prepared to adhere to an agreed-upon program schedule, to include meetings, training sessions and other required activities.
* Demonstrate community-mindedness through civic, charitable or community involvement.
* Are nominated for admission into the program. (You may NOT self-nominate.)
* Submit a complete application packet by the application deadline. The application may be downloaded at http://tinyurl.com/c935o9c.
Complete details on the Georgia Mentor Protégé Connection can be found at: http://www.georgiamentorprotegeconnection.org.