Contractors on the General Services Administration’s major Multiple Award IT Schedule 70 should watch for changes.
Kay Ely, director of the Schedule since September, laid out her top management priorities March 15 to make operations run better and more smoothly, according to Allen Federal Business Partners’ The Week Ahead newsletter.
Ely wants to:
- Digitize all contract files.
- Expand the use of electronic contracting for end-to-end contract management.
- Shorten the time it takes modify a contract. This should make the schedule more competitive.
- Make Schedule 70 consistent across its components, so IT contracting officials give their customers and contractors consistent and correct answers.
- Enhance the skills of the IT Schedule’s acquisition workforce.
Ely believes that achieving just some of the goals “would go a long way to restoring the luster of the IT Schedule, and most likely help increase business conducted through it,” according to the report.
— by Matthew Weigelt, Federal Computer Week, Mar 19, 2012 at http://fcw.com/blogs/acquisitive-mind/2012/03/gsa-schedule-70-priorities.aspx.