Welcome to GTPAC
Introduction to Government Contracting – August 18 2016
CDC Industry Day – May 3, 2013
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), a unit of the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services, held a small business Industry Day on Friday, May 3, 2013 at the Georgia Tech Research Institute. The event was hosted by the Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC). This day-long event featured presentations by officials from the Dept. of Health & Human Services and the CDC as well as representatives from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the General Services Administration (GSA), the Dept. of Housing & Urban Development, and the Small Business Administration. Two small businesses also made presentations. The registrants’ list as well as copies of all of the presentations can be downloaded and viewed from the files posted below:
- Registrants-CDC Industry Day – May 3 2013
- CDC – Dale DeFilipps – CIMSSmallBusinessIndustryDay 05032013
- CDC – Jeffery Napier – Small Business Industry Day Welcome 05.03.2013
- CDC – Jeffery Napier – Welcome 2013 05.03.2013
- EPA – CDC SB Presentation 05032013
- FedBid – CDC – 05.03.2013
- GSA – Rebecca Vanover – CDC- 05032013
- HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH HHS – April 2013
- HUD – CDC Small Business Presentation 05032013
- JE Group – CDC Small Business Conference Seminar 05.03.2013
- Rainmaker Growth Partners – LinkedIn for Federal Contractors 05.03.13
- SBA – Joyce Thurmond – CDC Industry Day 05032013
- THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT 8A – CDC – 05032013
- Welcome from GTPAC – CDC Industry Day – 05032013
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Small Business Outreach Event – Apr. 8, 2013
On April 8, 2013, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service sponsored a small business outreach event at the Georgia Tech Research Institute. The event was hosted by the Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC). This day-long event featured presentations by officials from the Fish & Wildlife Service as well as representatives from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, USDA’s Forest Service, the National Park Service, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Small Business Administration. Copies of those presentations can be downloaded and viewed from the files posted below:
- NPS – USFWS – 040813
- GTPAC – USFWS – 040813
- GTPAC – Bids prep – presentation – 040813
- EPA – USFWS – 040813
- VA – USFWS – 040813
- US Army COE – USFWS – 040813
- SBA – USFWS – 040813
University System of Georgia 2012 Procurement Expo
The Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC) participated in the recent University System of Georgia (USG) Procurement Expo. Hosted on Oct. 15, 2012 by the University of Georgia, the expo featured officials and speakers from the purchasing offices of most of the state’s universities and colleges, as well as the state’s purchasing arm, the Department of Administrative Services (DOAS).
Georgia Tech panelist Chuck Schadl introduced the audience to the training and services offered by both GTPAC and The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech. Chuck presented a 13-question quiz to the audience and used the answers to educate the vendors in attendance to procurement rules and procedures followed by USG schools and state agencies, including changes in purchasing rules that became effective on July 1, 2012.
You may download a copy of Chuck’s quiz here: USG 10.15.2012 PDF
USDA Forestry Service/Georgia Tech Procurement Center Joint Conference
hosted a joint conference on February 9,2011 at the Georgia Tech Research Institute.
The objective of the conference was to provide potential bidders with information
on the upcoming Forestry Service A & E solicitation. In addition, the SBA provided
the latest update on the Woman-Owned Small Business Program.
- Women – Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contract Program (PPTX file, PDF file)
- Doing Business with the USDA Forest Service (PowerPoint file, PDF file)
- USDA Forest Service Architectural & Engineering Business Opportunity Conference (PowerPoint file, PDF file)
- Forest Service and A/E Services (PowerPoint file, PDF file)
- USDA Forest Registration (Excel file, PDF file)
GSA – PBS educational and matchmaking conference
The Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center and the Region IV office of the General Services Administration (GSA) – Public Building Service (PBS) co-hosted a conference on August 31, 2010 at the Georgia Tech Research Institute meeting facility. Conference presentation documents, and other data are available for your review by clicking on links below.
||[slideshow id=1 w=190 h=200]|
Emergency Response Contracting Opportunities for Georgia Businesses
Video: How to successfully identify, compete for, and win government contracts.
Audio: Atlanta Business Radio’s Federal Government Contracting Forum Special
Below is an audio link to the March 17, 2010 radio broadcast featuring Terri Denison, SBA District Director; Chuck Schadl, GTPAC Program Director; and Gwen Miles, Fort McPherson’s Small Business Specialist. The broadcast was facilitated by GTPAC client Kevin Grimes, chief executive officer of CFO Leasing, Inc. and hosted by Atlanta Business Radio’s Lee Kantor and Amy Otto.
Video: Sample GTPAC Classroom Instruction
Below are excerpts from recent GTPAC classes. Actual instructional videos are coming soon to this page.