For contracting officers, understanding the federal acquisition process is a requirement. Likewise, for contractors pursuing government contracts, understanding the process is a must.
For two weeks in December, Georgia Tech’s Contracting Education Academy is offering a comprehensive course that covers the entire acquisition process, ranging from how government agencies define their needs to contract closeout — and everything in between.
The course, CON 120 – Mission Focused Contracting, is being presented on the Georgia Tech campus in midtown Atlanta Dec. 1 through 12, 2014. Details are posted here.
Historically, the CON 120 course has been viewed as one of the most comprehensive of the course offerings originally developed by the Defense Acquisition University (DAU).
5 Reasons Why You Should Take CON 120 at Georgia Tech
- You learn in an environment with your counterparts representing both government agencies and the contractor community.
- You learn and apply leadership, problem-solving, and negotiation skills in a highly-interactive environment.
- You engage in the entire acquisition process, from meeting with the customer to completing the contract closeout process — and everything in-between — based on completely refreshed course materials exclusively developed by Georgia Tech.
- You apply knowledge and skills while working on an actual integrated project team.
- You are eligible to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from Georgia Tech.
Bonus: At Georgia Tech, three on-line courses (CON 110, 111 and 112) are built-in to CON 120, saving you time and money.
As a part of this course, business people gain real insights into how the government:
- Completes a market research report.
- Develops a bid or proposal solicitation package.
- Evaluates proposals and awards contracts.
- Monitors contractor performance, applies remedies, and makes proper contract payments.
- Modifies contracts, exercises options, and completes the contract closeout process
As a result, you will:
- Discover business growth opportunities for your company in the government sector.
- Learn how to develop a bid proposal that will put you ahead of the competition.
- Gain insight on ways to get your small business subcontracting plan approved.
- Network with and learn alongside government contracting officials to gain a better understanding of the process, roles, and responsibilities of government contracting.
- Understand how your company fits in as an important member of the acquisition team.
For more information or to register, please visit http://www.pe.gatech.edu/courses/con-120-mission-focused-contracting.