The public comment period has been extended to August 14, 2017 to gain input on acquisition regulations, policies, standards, business practices and guidance issued by the General Services Administration (GSA) across all of its acquisition, disposal, and sales programs, that may be appropriate for repeal, change or replacement.
Notice of this extended comment period was published in the Federal Register at: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/07/31/2017-15458/evaluation-of-existing-acquisition-regulations-extension-of-comment-period
The solicitation of comments was spurred by President Trump’s Executive Order (E.O.) 13777, “Enforcing the Regulatory Reform Agenda.” The E.O. establishes Federal policy to “alleviate unnecessary regulatory burdens” on the American people. The E.O. directs all federal agencies to establish a Regulatory Task Force (Task Force). The Task Forces are required to evaluate existing regulations and make recommendations to the agency head regarding their repeal, replacement, or modification.
The mission of the Task Forces is to attempt to identify regulations which:
- Eliminate jobs, or inhibit job creation;
- Are outdated, unnecessary, or ineffective;
- Impose costs which exceed benefits;
- Create a serious inconsistency or otherwise interfere with regulator reform initiatives and policies;
- Are inconsistent with the requirements of §515 of the Treasury and General Government Appropriations Act of 2001, or the guidance issued pursuant to these requirements, in particular those regulations relying in whole or in part of data, information, or methods not publicly available or are insufficiently transparent to meet the standard of reproducibility; or
- Derive from implement E.O.s or other Presidential directives having been subsequently rescinded or substantially modified.
The E.O. requires Task Forces to seek input and other assistance, as permitted by law, from entities significantly affected by Federal regulations, including state, local and tribal governments, small businesses, consumers, non-governmental organizations, and trade associations.
You can submit comments identified by “Notice-MV-2017-01, Evaluation of Existing Acquisition Regulations” by any of the following three methods:
- Regulations.gov: http://www.regulations.gov. Submit comments via the Federal eRulemaking portal by searching for Notice-MV-2017-01, Evaluation of Existing Acquisition Regulations. Select the link “Comment Now” that corresponds with “Notice-MV-2017-01, Evaluation of Existing Acquisition Regulations.” Follow the instructions provided on the screen. Please include your name, company name (if any), and “Notice-MV-2017-01, Evaluation of Existing Acquisition Regulations” on your attached document.
- Google form found at: https://goo.gl/forms/GahAhb2aT4MVlREo1. If you are commenting via the Google form, please note that each regulation or part that you are identifying for repeal, replacement or modification should be entered into the form separately. This will assist GSA in its tracking and analysis of the comments received.
- Mail: General Services Administration, Regulatory Secretariat Division (MVCB), 1800 F Street NW., Washington, DC 20405.